Wednesday, June 13, 2012

OLD PHOTOS OF HAMMONTON/SOUTH JERSEY NEEDED!

Okay, so I'm desperate! I've searched high and low for old pictures of my town and surrounding areas that I want for my own personal memorabilia. It's a real long shot that anyone would have photos of these places, but maybe I'll get lucky and
somebody can help satisfy the love of my childhood I have. (Prepare yourself, there's lots of places listed here, & unless you're familiar with Hammonton NJ &/or South Jersey, all this will just be meaningless.)
*The Old Jamesway In Hammonton: -this was where the Shoprite is now. I think the Jamesway closed around 1993.














*The Old Acme In Hammonton:- this is also in the same plaza,(Peach tree plaza), as Jamesway, on the White Horse Pike. The Acme closed in the late 90's & the building is now split and became 2 seperate businesses: Advance Auto & The Jumbo Buffet.
Now, if it were the 80's and you turned around facing the other side of the street, you would see...
*Ponderosa in Hammonton:- I have such fond memories of eating here. I would love to have a photo of the outside & inside. The Ponderosa, also on the WHP,(white horse pike), is now the Brand Jewelers.
To the left of the this building, was the..
*Old Wendy's in Hammonton:- Yes, there is a Wendy's there now but the one I'm talking about was here:
Where KFC was, but recently closed down.








Matter of fact, I would LOVE to have a picture of the White Horse Pike before Walmart & all those other stores were built. I have some of the Mcdonald's before the 90's, but I'd love to have some more. Here's one of me in the early 80's inside the Hammonton Mcdonald's, at one of my B-day Parties.


 *Old Taco Bell In Hammonton: was on route 30.
At Blueberry Crossing in Hammonton, I'm looking for pictures of:
*Thrift Drug: which is now a Dollar Giant.
*The Old Superfresh:-which is now Goodwill/Canal's.
Really, any pics of Hammonton back in the 1980's I would love to have but here's some of the other main places from there that I always search for:
*Sacco's/Cold Cuts Deli: was on corner of Messina Ave. & 12th Street.(I used 2 ride my bike there everyday!)
*Cumberland Farms: My dad used to work there. It's now a liquor store.
*Abandoned Buildings on West End Ave: there used 2 be 2 little abandoned shacks on West End Avenue.
*Belleuve Avenue: any old pics of it!
*The Red,White, & Blueberry Festival: way back when it used to be held at the old Hammonton Middle School.
Hammonton Park: back in the 80's.
Lady of Mt. Carmel Carnival: back in the 80's. 
*Drake's Cakes: some kind of office is there now. 













*Movies to Go: it was a video rental place & we loved it there! It's some kind of electronic store now.
















*Tony's Custard:on Route 54
Hammonton Elementary School: from 1980-1991.


Here's some other places outside of Hammonton that I've been looking for:
*Mcdonaldland In Berlin,NJ: it was an indoor Mcdonaldland playground on the White horse pike.
*Frank's Custard Stand in Winslow: not sure if this was the name of it or not. My dad was friend's with the owner Frank. It was later named "Custard's last Stand" shortly after. It was on the White Horse Pike in Winslow. I believe this is what it looks like today:
*Sprayed Painted Xmas Trees In Winslow:-
This was on the White Horse Pike and in the late 90's. The rows of cedars are still out there in the field, however years ago there was a red, blue, & yellow cedar that was painted in the back of the row.





*Inside The Hamilton Mall:- around the time it opened. Especially of the Kaybee & Fluff N' Stuff stores.
*The Echelon Mall: The 3rd floor where a restaurant was hidden away.
*The Dairy Queen in Somers Point: on Shore Road. It looks like the building has changed now.


*Circle Pizza In Somers Point:It was somewhere around Circle Liquors.
These are basically the pics I'm going nuts looking for. I'm going to try the local library but this was worth a try too. 
If you have any pics of the above or any of South Jersey in the 80's/early 90's, contact me at: sugarrrsmack@comcast.net or
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1209896832
You'll have good karma for doing something kind for somebody. :)

No comments: