Sunday, June 17, 2012

BABIES IN THE 80'S


Who remembers being a baby in the 80's? Me neither. But, I do remember having babies around me when I was a kid, so here's some of the main baby items I remember being around back then.



Disney Poppin Pals:

I remember thinking that Pluto's dial was like my mom's telephone dialer.

Big Mouth Singers:

NO, it's not Steven Tyler., they were made by Hasbro. I had one of these, since I was born in 79.











Hasbro Noah's Ark Bath Toy: I loved this thing, but it disappeared by the time I turned 5 or so. The hippo was my favorite.


F.P Xylo Drum









F.P Roly Poly Chime Ball: I still have mine.....(somewhere?)





Sesame Street Babies







F.P Little Snoopy:  

This was a late 70's thing, but I had one & stretched the spring tail out to twice it's size.




F.P Busy Bath





F.P Camera:

I was more amused with the little flash block on top.






F.P Activity Center:

I would play with my younger brother's. I would get pissed because I wanted to pull the rabbit off to put him ahead of the turtle so he could win the race & it never came off.


F.P Hammer:

Didn't this squeak when you hit something?





F.P Chatter Telephone:

Didn't we all have one of these?







F.P Jolly Jumpin' Jack Crib Toy:

My brother had this on his wall & it bothered me. I found it odd looking.



The Flower Rattle






Pretzel Teethers:

I don't see these around much, but they were all over the place when my brother was a baby.


Anyone else remember a dangerous high chair with the beads in front?


Johnny Jump-up(doorway bouncers):

I remember my cousin being in one of these, thus blocking the doorway to their dining room. Even as a kid I thought it was kind of dangerous.


F.P Poppers/

Push Toys






F.P Baby Monitors:

I bet that those ones still would work better than the piece of crap walmart ones I have.



F.P Teddy Beddy Bear:

 This guy was everywhere in the 80s.







Chubs Baby Wipes:

I don't see these around much either anymore.


















Diapers: Couldn't have 80's babies without those. My mom used Pampers and as a 4 year old, I used to point out the big white dots on the top & sides of the box & ask what was the point of them being there. 



Bronze Baby's 1st Shoes:

Back then I think it was a big deal for parents to have these made. My plaque was on the top of my closet for years, in the way of everything.


And lastly, the biggest vintage baby of them all...me...


That's a real 70ish looking bouncer.(looks uncomfortable.) And 70's wallpaper too!








There was one of those real looking phone rattles.

Hey!,...a Jamesway bag! (My parents were big spenders!)



Me in my old school playpen with frightening stuffed animals that my parents were trying to suffocate me with.





Well, I filled up enough room on my blog with all the pictures on this post, so that be all for now. 

Until next time all you 80s babies.




No comments:

Post a Comment