Wednesday, June 20, 2012

HORROR MOVIE POSTERS FROM THE 80'S

In a recent post, I commented on a Movie Rental store, "Movies to Go", that was in my Hammonton Neighborhood as I grew up. Well, today I'm going to remember some of my favorite horror movie posters that not only were hung up in that store, but movie rental stores everywhere back then. I don't necessarily like all these films, or even seen all of them....these are just the movie posters that I either really liked to look at or that creeped me out when I was a kid. 




"MONKEY
SHINES" 1988-
Most of the posters I seen online for this, have the monkey holding those clapping cymbals...
unfortunately
for me the only poster I seen for this movie was the monkey holding a bloodly blade. Being a kid and seeing that killer monkey on the wall was just like Chris Griffin's fear of his evil monkey. I feel your pain Chris...




These 2 pretty much go together since they look so much the same. I used to love both of these movies as well as the posters, just because I thought the little monsters were so cute! I wanted one as a pet even and had a spot reserved for them in our house. 





"Mother's Day" 1980-
Never seen this one either but the poster made me curious to know what kind of mother she was.








"April Fools Day" 1986-
I liked how everyone in the picture is all happy, having no idea that their hostess is ready to stab them to death.It's funny how I never noticed the noose hair until now. (Mine is long enough to try to do this now too!)
Yup, I managed it.
(Of course, it looks a lot better when the killer hostess isn't fat & pregnant with a baby bouncer in front of her!)













"Parents"
1989-
I used to think that the meat she was seasoning & the one in the fridge was part of that skeleton at one time.










"The Stuff" 1985-
I had bought this B-movie just from what the cover looked like.
Even though it didn't really scare me and I was more of a chocolate lover, I still stopped eating vanilla eating altogether. Especially after seeing that scene where we learn that Chocolate Chip Charlie has been eating "the stuff"....
Okay,..so that scene scared me a little.


"American Gothic" 1988-
I just liked how the poster resembled the real painting, which I did not know at the time is also named "American Gothic."








"SLUGS" 1988-
I never seen this, & probably never will because I HATE slugs. I can't come in contact with enough salt when they're oozing around. Main reason why this poster grossed me out.












"Elvira:
Mistress Of The Dark" 1988-
Yea,..I know, not so much a horror film. But I loved the poster because I loved that little punk rock dog, "Algonquin."
(He was awesome....and I don't even really like dogs!) 












"House & House 2-The Second Story" 1986 & '87-
I always liked the House movies, not because they were scary but because they were strange. I did think that they were both going to be a lot scarier then not at all but the looks of that scary dead head ringing the bell. I did however, find the Caterpillar Dog on part 2 cute as hell.








"Evil Dead 2" 1987-
This poster completely creeped me out and hung in our town's rental store forever. Everytime I walked in there, that damn skeleton followed me with his eyes all around the store.






There's probably a lot more but those are the main ones that I either really liked, really hated, or just became really curious about. However I felt about them, they all stuck with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment